Monday, December 12, 2011

It’s All the Same (a Math Puzzle Game)


I wanted a fun way for my son to see how that the same math problem can be written in different ways. And I wanted him to be able check his work independently, similar to the Lock and Key Math game I made.

So I created a series of 12 puzzles for my son to play. 

Each puzzle has three pieces: 1) a multiplication problem, 2) an addition problem, and 3) groupings of dots.
Download 12 puzzles and the game board here.

To keep the pieces from slipping around, I spray glued sheets of felt to the back of the puzzles (printed on cardstock) before cutting them out and used another felt sheet as the game board. It worked perfectly!


I wish you could have heard the “YEESSSSSS” my son shouted after each puzzle was assembled. It was thrilling to see him catch on and enjoy this so much. 

These puzzles would be great for preschoolers and kindergarteners working on numbers. One piece could have the numeral, another with the number spelled out, and the last piece could display the equivalent number of dots. To make these, download the blank puzzles here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Note : This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to "amazon.com"
** CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.