Monday, April 16, 2012

From The Archives

Well yesterday I realized that I didn't schedule a Friday "In Case You Missed It" Post! It was a such a  beautiful day, that I was out of my office most of it. I hope you were too.

Today I've selected a few of the most-viewed articles-and a few of my personal favorites- from my archives and linked them here. Enjoy & feel free to pass on to others the ones you find most useful.

"In Case You Missed It" will return on Friday in its regular spot.

Have a great week everyone!


~Barbara



Helping your Child Sleep Well
(January, 2012)
It is estimated that as many as 30% of all children may have a sleep disorder at some point during childhood. Sleep disorders can impact health, school performance, day to day activities & social-emotional adjustment. For this reason it is important for both parents and educators to understand these disruptions and simple ways to assist children to rest and sleep better...



The Connection Between Sensory Integration & Yoga
(July, 2009)
Yoga itself is a natural form of sensory integration and It can be adapted to a variety of ages, learning styles and environments. Yoga will assist in facilitating many of the same skills as conventional S.I. as all 5 senses are stimulated & integrated during a 30-45 minute yoga session...



 Breathe-Relax
(July, 2010)We don't usually associate stress with good news or happy events, but these can also create a stress response in the body. We need to take moments throughout our day to release this tension that builds up not just in our mind, but in our bodies too...



 Living in Color
(November, 2011)I love taking walks in the woods this time of year. The colors of the foliage is absolutely beautiful and so restorative & healing to me. My daughter often refers to this time of year as "Living in Color". Color is a form of non-verbal communication. Colors say something to us when we look at them. What colors make you feel happy? Agitated?


Peace Pose
(May, 2011)Today is a perfect day for soaking in the peacefulness of the sunshine, the clear blue sky & the cool breeze & watching Lauren, my daughter play with the neighbors grandchildren. They have had a very fun & busy morning; running barefoot in the grass, playing wiffle ball, catching butterflies, picking (and eating) strawberries from our garden, blowing dandelion seeds, playing with dolls and pretending to be astronauts...



Where Mind, Body & Technology Meet
(October, 2011)When I was a kid you couldn't pay me to stay inside. (Unless it was snowing out. I did not like the cold much and still don't.) 4 years ago, I moved myself and my daughter to an area with plenty of parks, rocks to climb, biking & hiking trails and lakes. I am surrounded by the beauty of the woods & 'out doors' is a large part of my life. But as much as I advocate movement, sensory integration and art & nature being vital for children to learn & thrive, I want to also acknowledge that there are many places where the mind, body & technology meet and can live in harmony...



Dragonflies
(May, 2010)

"The Dragonfly Story" has become a favorite for the students in my Adaptive Yoga class for many reasons. In the story, a little "water beetle" who lives in the bottom of the pond gets curious to see what is up at the top. The story continues as he journeys into the unfamiliar, seeing new creatures around the pond and meeting new friends.One reason this story is so loved (by children as well as adults)  is the many lessons contained within it...





Contact Barbara: barbara@bodylogique.com

 



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Note : This site is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to "amazon.com"
** CERTAIN CONTENT THAT APPEARS ON THIS SITE COMES FROM AMAZON SERVICES LLC. THIS CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE OR REMOVAL AT ANY TIME.